FAQs - canvas

In general, it's a three-step process:

  1. scanning / capture
  2. image correction
  3. printing

Learn more about the process and what we print on here.

TAGS: art

Yes. But there are some things that you need to understand about the term giclée.

"Giclée" used to refer to an art print that was created on an IRIS printer. It refers to the production method wherein ink is 'squirted' or 'sprayed' through the printer' nozzle onto the paper to make the image.

Today, a huge proportion of art reproductions are done on inkjet printers. So, loosely, the term applies to almost any fine art inkjet print. Normally it is used to refer to an art reproduction that is run on the same media on which the original was created (fine art paper, canvas, etc.) with the intention of creating a reliably accurate copy of the original.

Our art reproductions are usually run on an Epson Stylus Pro 9800, which is indeed an inkjet (i.e. ink spraying through nozzles) technology. That qualifies these to be calle giclée prints.

So the term giclée doesn't actually have a very solid definition or meaning. But by regular usage of the term, any and all of our fine art reproductions can indeed be considered to be giclée prints.

TAGS: inkjet

No, we don't offer any picture framing. We can mount your image to foamboard and apply a laminate. A more complete framing option is available through two very good frame shops in Smithers.

  • Creations by Lynn - 250-847-9727
  • Nielsen Gallery - 250-847-0070 or

Both are competent picture framers with excellent products, and both of these ladies will treat you and your project with utmost care and attention.


Our location

Contact Us

3940A 4th Avenue PO Box 3730
BC V0J 2N0
250-847-3294 (TF 1-888-547-3294)
Fax: 250-847-3538
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

User Menu