A good print starts with a good file.
Providing us with a healthy digital file is the best way to ensure the quickest and most cost-efficient print service.
Build the file to the size you want it to print. For example:
- If you want a finished size of 8.5 x 11, build your file to that size.
- If you are designing a banner, find out what size the banner should be and construct the file to those dimensions.
- If you want a poster to be printed at two different sizes, you'll probably need to set up two different files…one for each size.
Ensure sufficient resolution for images:
- large format: generally 150 ppi at output size is good for large format posters
- digital and press: try to provide 300ppi at output size
- fine art and photography prints: 300ppi will giev the best quality and detail
Whenever possible, provide us with a PDF. Microsoft formats (Publisher, Word, Powerpoint) are very difficult to print from. Please export to PDF and check to ensure that the PDF looks exactlyhow you want it before you send it to us.
Yes, you can. But it's not a good way to send files. Send us a PDF instead.
If you are not able to send us a PDF, send us your Microsoft files and we'll do the conversion. We'll send you a PDF proof before we print.
To find out how to convert your Microsoft files to PDF, click here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/word-help/save-as-pdf-HA010064992.aspx